iJab is an open source, web based Ajaxed instant messenger Client for XMPP/Jabber. It’s an free software that allow you to run your own instant messenger client without limitations or software cost, complimenting the XMPP philosophy of a distributed network.
It provides basic instant messaging client.You just have to use a compatible web browser no need to install anything in your computer, for using iJab. It’s comparable to JWChat, but all windows stays inside one web page and don’t need to worry about two many pop-up windows. You could configure iJab by your favourite themes for iJab is wholly based on CSS design. It also developed iJabBar, a Facebook styled web chat client.
Features of iJab:
- Purely based on standard XMPP protocol and you can use ejabberd or openfire or other Jabber server.
- Support MSN, AIM transport and any transports in XMPP server
- Cross-browser compatible
- Easy integration with website
- Theme support
- Support three modes: stand-alone application, web chat bar in page and live support
- In-browser, non pop-up browser window
- New Message Notification
- Multiplayer chat and group function
- Support user-search function
- A complete user management functions: add, delete users, groups management.
- Easily display whether the user is online, offline or busy
- Comet Chat will display users’ status messages during chat
- Synchronized multiple windows
- Avatar Support
- User Profile Support
- Fast and efficient