StatusNet is an Open source micro blogging platform that gives you Twitter-like functionality which helps you to share and connect in real-time within your own domain. it written in PHP that implements the OpenMicroBlogging standard for interoperation between installations.
Features of StatusNet
- Updates using a XMPP/Jabber/Google Talk client.
- Support for Open ID authentication.
- SMS updates and notifications.
- Run it securely on your network: Easy to run entirely behind your corporate firewall and block access to the public Internet making it as secure as your internal network.
- Members can track and follow notices relating to specific topics and connect with others who share common interests.
- Real-time status checks for what’s popular within your network.
- Easy to share rich media files, such as photos, videos, and office documents within your network.
- Share your status with other social network accounts, such as Twitter and FaceBook.
- Users can connect and communicate from any desktop or smart phone. StatusNet supports Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems and most common smart phones.
- Easy to find or build your own plug-ins to make your micro messaging environment unique. With new plug-ins being developed regularly, you can add more functionality to your environment based on your needs.
- Easy to customize your micro messaging environment. Through themes and clients, you can maintain your brand identity and provide a unique user experience.