BlogEngine.net is an open source ASP.net 4.0 based blogging engine. it’s a very easy to use and simple to setup Asp.net based blogging platform , just upload the files to an Asp.net supported web server and you’re ready to start blogging.
No need to configure any database or learn any skills to use BlogEngine.net. just plug and play.
It was specially designed by using the current .NET framework and mainly focused on simplicity, ease of extendibility, and innovative features.
it uses XML as database backend to store your data like posts, pages etc., although a SQL database can be used if required.
Features of BlogEngine.net
- Social Bookmarks
- Multi author Support
- Open Search Support
- Pingbacks and trackbacks
- XHTML Compliance
- Micro Summaries
- Gravatar and coComments implemented
- support for RSS 2.0 and Atom syndication
- AJAX enabled comments and screenshot trackbacks
- tag cloud
- Google Sitemap
- BlogML import/export
- Event based for plug-in writers
- Live preview on commenting
- Plug and Play
- Fully featured blogging platform
- Web 2.0
- Referrer Stats
- Cool Widgets like AJAX post calendar or a blogroll etc..
- Code syntax highlighting
- Runs entirely on XML or SQL Server
- Search functionality
- Standalone Pages
- Full Syndication Suite
- SEO friendly URLs
BlogEngine.net also come with some very cool themes for you to choose from. If you want to create or modify a new theme you can do so easily with just a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Visit – BlogEngine.NET