The size of the software is pretty small and it certainly works with an incredible fast speed. It has rich and powerful set of features which is very easy to install and use.
The content of the Blog is stored in the form of XML files. The files can be retrieved from the disk on a random basis and no database installation is separately required for it.
Pebble is a Java EE blogging tool and is lightweight and an open source as well. Using the web browser you can easily administer and maintain which marks the ideal use of Pebble who all the users of it.
Features of Pebble
- Using the web browser you can effectively manage as well as post any content that include the editor support for rich text.
- Meta Weblog API and Blogger interface can be easily included for content posting through the use of compatible tools.
- Contents can be easily categorized into several hierarchical categories.
- Contents can be tagged and a tag cloud can be also generated.
- RSS enclosures are used for podcasting and distributing files.
- Publication of simple content workflow.
- Websites can be pinged websites via XML-RPC on adding the entries of new blog.
- You can publish static contents beside blog entries.
- You can easily establish a link any of the social bookmarking site which is your favorite.
- You can easily view the responses of the readers through Movable Type Trackbacks and threaded comments.
- You can easily get notifications via e-mail on receiving new responses.
- CAPTCHA support, spam detection, pluggable moderation.
- The features of bulk response management for Trackbacks and removing /approving/rejecting/ comments.
- Facebook and gravatar Connect support
- Web browsers are used for managing your blogs.
- Files can be easily managed and images and files can be easily uploaded with its help.
- Requests, blog referrers and logs can be easily captured for exporting or viewing.
- Integrated documentation and help.
- RDF, RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0 feeds are used for responses and blog entries.
- Tag specific and category newsfeeds.
- External newsfeeds can be easily syndicated.
- Plug-ins can be used for supporting PubSubHubBub.
- A single blog can be written by several people.
- Through the use of any OpenID provider you can easily Login.
- Java codes can be written for you by the Blog Listeners that enables you to start up as well as shut down blogs.
Thus, Pebble is very powerful blogging software which is used for blogging and the main advantage of this is that no separate database is required to be maintained for this.
Download : Pebble – databaseless java blogging software