Serendipity is an open source PHP based Weblog/CMS that allow user to maintain an online diary, weblog or even a complete homepage. It offers a flexible, expandable and easy-to-use framework with the power for professional applications.
Serendipity is written in PHP using the Smarty PHP templating engine for combining simplicity with well-documented web standards and support for PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite database backends. it also provide sophisticated plugin architecture that allows you to easily modify both the appearance of your blog and its features.
Features of Serendipity
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Robust Editing Interface
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages supported (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Cool plugins: category-based sub-blogs, podcasting, RSS planet/aggregator, static pages
- Anti-Spam / Comment moderation
- Support for XML-RPC Editing
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Easy to embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty, remote blogging via XML-RPC
- open source – BSD-style licensing
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Serendipity can accept, send and auto discover trackbacks and pingbacks.
Download: Serendipity CMS