Typo is a free, open source blogging engine based on Ruby on Rail web application framework and use any of the various SQL databases supported by the Ruby on Rails framework. Typo is designed to be usable by programmers and non-programmers, while being easy for programmers to extend.
it providing custom templates, powerful drag and drop plugins API, advanced SEO capabilities, XMLRPC API and many more. The blogging engine developed by Tobias Lütke and is released under the MIT License.
Features of Typo
- Uses caching. Typo only creates the served files when needed, and serves static copies to the readers.
- Support for Multiple users and profiles
- Spam protection, customizable blacklists and Akismet support
- Typo supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite database
- User can create there own text filters or use exiting one such as Textile, Markdown, and SmartyPants.
- Support for Ping and Trackback
- Complete plugins API
- Ajax based live search, commenting and comment moderation
- Support for RSS2 and Atom 1.0 syndication feeds
- SEO friendly permalinks
- Web based administration and posting interface
- Easy to migrate scripts from MovableType 3.x, Textpattern 1.x, WordPress 1.5x-2.0 as well as plain RSS
Download : Typo – Ruby on Rail based blogging engine