3DMLW is a 3D engine and markup language based on XML. It’s an open source platform for creating and displaying 3D and 2D content on the web through common web-browsers.
This platform includes several parts.
- 3DMLW markup language is a specification for creating 3DMLW-documents. 3DMLW is similar to XHTML and easy to understand.
- Scripting support for dynamic and interactive content.
- Style sheets for easy and comfortable designing.
- 3DMLW plug-in for web browsers – This is a browser based plug-in for showing 3DMLW-documents in web-browsers.
- Model viewer for .3ds, .obj, .blend and .an8 files.
With 3DMLW, Users can easily publish following media :
- Interactive content through scripting
- Plain and formatted text, copying and pasting text, hyperlinks;
- Pictures (.tga, .jpg, .png);
- Audio (.wav, .ogg);
- 3D objects (.3ds, .obj, .an8, .blend);
- User input fields for interactivity and interaction with the server.
3DMLW is a cross browser platform. it means Content can be displayed through Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and later, Mozilla Firefox, Flock, K-Meleon, Opera, Apple’s Safari and Google™ Chrome for Windows.
There are 3 different views for making the development of 3D web applications easy and comfortable. In the edit mode You can insert, drag & drop, delete and change elements. As a must for every markup language editor there is a code view for advanced coding and of course there is a view mode for seeing the end result.
Features of 3DMLW :
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera Browser plug-in
- Support for 3D model formats ( 3ds format objects and .an8 format objects) and 2D texture formats ( .tga, .png, .jpg )
- Easy to Communicate with server to allow dynamic content exchange
- Mixed 2D/3D content
- easy to dynamically change document content
- Ability to create and use custom tags
- Support for Mouse, keyboard and collision Event handling
- Drawing content on textures formats (dynamic textures)
- Keyframe animation for all attributes
- Support for .wav and .ogg sound file