Creating forums on the web platform has been a smart and intuitive way of not only making business but also spreading knowledge among the mass.
JForum is one such tool that is robust and powerful and helps you in making forums on the java platform quite easily.
The JForum provides an effectual forum engine, very user friendly interface, a simple to administer administrative panel and above all a robust security system that helps you to control each and every aspect of your forum.
The forums created by JForum are developed on the MVC framework and you can install it on any servers. The different servers that JForum supports are Resin, Tomcat and JBoss.
The fresh design and execution will enable you to easily customize any forums and also extend it.
Features of Jforum
- The installation process is extremely simple and the user interface is also very amicable.
- Unlimited forums, topics and categories.
- It is supported by the most common databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB.
- You can even rate the messages or work posted by other users.
- You can bookmark your significant threads so that you can easily switch onto it when required.
- Easy relocation from phpBB.
- User Friendly URL links.
- You will be able to see who all are online.
- You will also get to check out the recent activities occurring in your forum
- Quick and scalable, ideal for hectic sites – dissimilar to the majority of message-board systems, it caches recurrently accessed information or data to keep away from extreme querying of your database.
- Easy File Attachment system, with wholly customizable alternatives
- BBcode and HTML support
- Incorporated confidential message system
- Mail notifications for heads on confidential messages
- Limitless emoticons that can be easily configured
- RSS Syndication
- Announcements and sticky topics
- Posting Preview
- Easy to Moderate
- You may configure your forum system in such a way that users can post only after receiving the confirmation from your side
- You can easily lock the topics or reverse it and also transfer it to other discussions or forums
- You can also create forums where you can only make the forums readable
- On the other hand you can also create forums where you can allow the users to only post
- Strong Security System and permission control system
- The moderators will also have the right of controlling the security aspect of the forum
- Simple and quick to develop
- Recognizable and gorgeous layout
- Supports various templates or themes as given by the user
- Multilingual support
- Member Listing and User defined avatars
With such an array of effective features, JForum is surely one of the most effective forum creating tools. It is a must try tool for forum developers.
Download : java based discussion board – jforum