LibreSource – Open Source web collaborative development platform
LibreSource is an open source, modular, highly customizable, and versatile collaborative development platform for groupware, community building, e-archiving and Web publishing.
The platform written in Java/J2EE, it’s a modular web server that users can customize online by combining resources and rights: wiki pages, forum, trackers, Synchronizers, Subversion repositories, files, download areas, drop boxes, forms, etc. it uses most of the advanced services provided by the OW2 application server called JOnAS.
LibreSource is perfect collaborative development platform for the developer or designer who doesn’t want to learn lots of technical jargon and wants to focus more on communication with the project’s members.
Features of LibreSource
- Modular and extensible collaborative platform based on resources
- multi-users multi-teams multi-projects multi-purposes platform
- Inline Administration : content edited directly in the page
- hierarchical flexible resource structure
- Configuration management
- Accurate access rights management
- easy navigation on the platform
- expendable, multi-levels site map
- full text search, wildcard char support by Lucene
- integrates a Jabber instant messaging in order to know who is online and to directly exchange messages.
- user notification via email, Jabber, RSS
- HTTPS encryption of the pages
- Create, Read, Update and Delete rights
- import/export in XML of any subset of the hierarchical resource structure
- UTF8 support for international content
- Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
- Wiki editable description and web pages
- Easy to create, update, move or delete any resource