mobl is a free and open source language that specially designed to speed up building mobile web applications using Modern HTML5 web technology. With Mobl, Developer can easily develop native-feeling web apps in a jiff.
Features of mobl
- Declarative concise DSL for defining data models. Data is stored on the mobile device. No server back-end required.
- Declarative domain-specific language (DSL) for defining user interfaces.
- Statically typed language, enabling great IDE support and as-you-type error detection, while reducing the amount of typing other statically typed languages require, through type inference.
- Generates 100% client-side HTML5-based mobile web applications.
- mobl applications can communicate with Ruby on Rails, Django, PHP or any other server-side technology. So no more dependency on server side technology.
- Applications run on modern Webkit-based browsers, including iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (2.0+), WebOS, Safari and Chrome.
- Integrates all aspects of a mobile web application into a single language: data modeling, user interfaces, application logic, styling and web services.
- No more SQL: mobl transparently handles all database access, it automatically creates the database schema and automatically manages object persistence.
- Queries are performed using mobl’s statically checked query language. No more SQL queries embedded in strings.
- Easy to Create custom reusable control libraries.
- Fall back to HTML and jQuery, if necessary.
- Access web service through AJAX through a synchronous-looking interface.
- Specify RESTful web service interfaces declaratively.
Download : mobl