Rhomobile is an open source ruby based mobile development platform for building locally executing, device-optimized mobile applications for all major Smartphone devices. it allow developer to build application for all major Smartphone devices using HTML.
Rhomobile’s Rhodes framework supports development for the iPhone, Windows Mobile, Google Android , Symbian and BlackBerry operating systems. Rhodes framework is an open source framework to rapidly build native apps for all major Smartphone operating systems (iPhone, Windows Mobile, RIM, Symbian and Android).
It truly native device application which work with synchronized local data and take advantage of device capabilities such as GPS, PIM contacts and camera.The Rhodes framework offers the following major benefits to developers:
- Productivity : The developer productivity level in Rhodes is always much higher than writing to diverse native device operating systems and APIs since most of your UI customization can be done in HTML templates (ERB files).
- Portability : The application build with Rhodes can be compiled to run on all major Smartphone devices: iPhone, Windows Mobile, Research in Motion (BlackBerry), Symbian and Android.
- Device Capabilities : Rhodes also provides access to native device capabilities such as GPS Geolocation, PIM contact reading and writing, and camera image capture.
- Synced Data : Using the optional RhoSync server component Rhodes applications enables offline and disconnected edit and access to data. They are optimized for interacting with SaaS Software as a Service backends.
- Hosted Development : it allow developer to develop mobile application online for all major Smartphone operating systems with RhoHub.