markItUp! is a lightweight, customizable jQuery plugin to turn any textarea into a markup editor. HTML, CSS, XML, Wiki syntax, BBCode or any other desired markup language are easily configured and implemented by markItUp . it supports for all major web browsers including : IE7, Safari 3.1, Firefox 2, Firefox 3. IE6 and Opera 9+.
markItUp! is a free markup editor released under both the MIT and GPL Open Source licenses.
features of markItUp
- Support for Keyboard Shortcuts
- Support for Toolbar and Drop down menus – set your own buttons in a clear toolbar with convenient drop down menus.
- Fully customizable and scriptable – You can add any markup and buttons you need with any styling you like. Callback functions allow for complex scripts and macros.
- Editor’s features callable from any place – Easy to insert text or tags from other plugins or picture/media/link libraries.
- Ajax Dynamic preview : live preview of your markups via any server-side parser you want.
- Customizable Skins : With CSS, you can customize the markItUp! editor to fit the look & feel of your application or website.
Download : markItUp jQuery editor