dbackup is a disk-based client-server backup system for Linux or other UNIX systems which help you to make safety copies of your own data.
Backups are started by cron probably on a daily basis by the client. The client backs up individual file systems / directories with tar and sends the result to the server, which stores them in a simple tree-based directory structure. you can also restore you back up by using the supplied restore client, or by simply copying the appropriate tar files off the server and uncompressing them.
Features of dbackup :
- Backup very large file systems as long as you have the disk space
- Works with very large numbers of servers / file systems
- No state is kept on the client, it’s all on the server
- Backup to multiple backup servers in round-robin
- Configuration can be global or per-server
- Trivial procedure for restores
- Daily / Full incremental backups
- Configurable number of days before old backup runs are deleted / archived to tape.
Download : dbackup