osTicket is an open source support ticket system that is used widely based on PHP and MySQL. The ingenuity of this service is that it impeccably integrates the enquiries of customers created through phone, emails and other web based forms into a simple and easy to use multi-user web interface. You can manage, organize and store all your support requests and responses in one place. This helps you to cater to your customers better by providing them with accountability and responsiveness that they deserve.
You can streamline your support requests and improve customer support efficiency with the help of osTicket. This service provides your staff with tools they would need to deliver fast, effective and measurable support. There is web and email support with the help of which tickets can be created through phone, through emails or through forms available online.
The configuration and mapping is flexible. When a new ticket is opened or a message is received automatic replies are sent out. There are mail templates that you can customize. You can add internal notes to tickets for staffs. Help topics for web tickets are configurable and they can cater to inquiries without letting know about internal departments and priorities. The service is very simple to use for the customers. They just need their email id and ticket number to create a new ticket and check the status of an old ticket.
osTicket is very easy and lucid to use. The customers can fill out the information and a ticket is created. Customers also receive a confirmation email with the ticket number. This ticket number can be used to login to the site and track the status of the ticket. No user account or registration required for users only ticket ID/email used for login. osTicket is very easy to install. a drawback of the osTicket system is that there is no Exchange Support.
Features of osTicket
- It requires a web server that can run PHP 4.3 or better and MySQL 4.1 or better.
- Most shared webhosting hard drive can run this.
- The web server that is to be used should preferably be Apache.
- Frequently asked questions have pre-defined responses.
- Email alerts are sent to staff and clients to keep them up to date.
- Settings are flexible and configurable.
- Staff’s access level can be controlled using groups and departments.
- All the support requests and responses are saved and stored.
- You need to have a web hosting space with the ability to FTP files to it.
- It helps keeping track of help tickets and customer requests.
Hence it can be concluded that osTicket is an outstanding help system meant for anyone, from small companies to enterprises. The flexibility of the system helps it to run with great results.