LiVES is a non-linear video editing system and VJ tool for Linux and UNIX that specially designed to become simple to use, yet powerful. it allow you to mixes real-time video performance and non-linear editing in one professional quality application.
You can start editing and making video instantly , without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or frame rates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional VJ’s and video editors – easy to mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use dozens of real-time effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor, and bring them together using the multi track timeline. You can even record your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it straight away.
LiVES is a free/open source Video Editing software for Linux released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
features of LiVES
- Stable and well tested core.
- Fully cross platform for GNU/Linux and many flavors of Unix (e.g. BSD, openMosix, IRIX, OSX/Darwin, Solaris).
- The LiVES audio/video platform is custom extendable through RFX plugins.
- Allows quick and easy prototyping of new tools, utilities, effects, transitions, generators and more, using the included RFX builder window.
- Control every function in LiVES remotely using OSC protocol.
- Loading and editing of almost any video format (via mplayer decoder).
- Fully extendable through plugins
- Smooth playback at variable frame rates, forward and in reverse. Display frame rate can be controlled independently of playback frame rate.
- Frame accurate cutting and pasting within and between clips.
- Easy to save /re-encoding of clips, selections, and individual frames.
- Lossless backup/restore.
- Real time blending of clips (various chroma and luma blends).
- Can handle in/out streams in LiVES to LiVES or yuv4mpeg format. Streams can be piped from stdout into other applications.
- Ability to ‘scratch’ with video – that is to move smoothly backwards and forwards through it, and to record yourself doing so.
- Playback can use LiVES’ own internal player, there is also a high performance fullscreen SDL playback plugin
- Internal Support for RGB24, RGBA32, YUVA, YUV, YUV422, YUV420 (jpeg and mpeg), YUYV, YUV411, and UYVY palettes; one step conversion with chroma super and sub sampling is implemented.
- Ability to edit many file types and sources including remotely located files (with mplayer/ffmpeg libraries), and directories of images.
- Real time capture/recording of interactive (via mouse clicks) external windows.
- Encode to any of the 50+ output formats which are now supported (e.g. mjpeg, mpeg4, mpeg1/2, h264, VCD, SVCD, DVD, ogg/mp4 ogm, Matroska mkv, dv, swf, Ogg Theora, Dirac, MNG, Snow, xvid, and even animated GIF and PDF!)
- Ability to instantly alter the playback speed of video and audio independently.
- Rotation, resizing and trimming of video clips.
- Multi track window with drag and drop support
- Intelligent screen organization
- Support for an almost limitless number of tracks and effects
- Multilanguage supported
- Based on gtk+ 2.10+, runs under KDE, Gnome, Metacity, Fluxbox, Compiz and any known window manager.
- Several built in themes/skins available. Custom themes will be supported soon.
Download : Latest LiVES version 1.3.4 for GNU/Linux