A virtual private network (VPN) is a network that use to connect single or multiple remote computers to a large network such as your office network via internet. it’s a most secure , encrypted network that use encapsulates data transfers between two or more networked devices which are not on the same private network so as to keep the transferred data private from other devices on one or more intervening local or wide area networks. There are many different classifications, implementations, and uses for VPNs. but here we are not talking about briefly what is VPN and there uses. What I cover in this post is a simple how to Set up virtual private network (VPN) in Windows 7 step by step.
- To Set up virtual private network (VPN) in Windows 7, open control panel and click on network and sharing Center and choose Set up a new connection or network option.
- Now choose connect to workspace option
- After click on connect to workspace option, it ask you to use a connection that you already have ? or create a new connection. It depend on you which connection you want New one or existing one. here I choose new connection .
- Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
- Type your internet address and computer name to connect your workplace. your network administrator can give you this address.
- then type your user name and password.
- Then click Connect.
Congratulation, you have just set up your own virtual private network (VPN) in Windows 7.