Job Scheduling is an integral part of the professionals who have loads of important work. Quartz job Scheduler is one such job scheduling application that is full of efficient features and most of all it is open source.
Owing to its open source, users can customize the application as per there requirement. Unlike other job scheduling apps, Quartz scheduler can be incorporated to any Java SE or Java EE application and can also be used in various small and large systems.
Quartz scheduler will effectively provide its assistance in keeping a track of multiple tasks. No matter how complex the nature of work might be, the quartz scheduler has the effective set of features to tackle it.
The feature of clustering and JTA transaction recorder enables you to keep job schedules of high level enterprises too.
Features of Quartz Scheduler
- General – It has the capability of embedding with other Java applications. It can be installed within any application server and can involve in all XA transactions. It can also run as a impartial program within the Java environment. It can also run as an impartial cluster program.
- Trigger customization – Triggers are job starters that which are scheduled on a prior basis by the user. It is the triggers that tell the app when to start. The trigger can be customized in a whole lot of ways. You can customize the trigger to start the job at any intervals or you can repeat it without any intervals, repeat it for a specified period of time and even mark the days on the incorporated calendar when to start the job. Regarding customization on day basis – you can customize it on specified days of month or weeks and even at the particular time of a day. You can also assign the triggers with specific identity by assigning names. Now regarding adding the jobs, you can add up the jobs in the Quartz scheduler only once and that will just be enough.
- Job Execution – The jobs in Quartz scheduler can be in any Java class. The user interface is extremely simple and you can operate this application with utmost ease. The job trigger is efficient enough to start the tracking in time and also after the completion of the job it sends a signal to the scheduler to mark the job to be as done. Apart from this, the quartz scheduler also marks whether a job is successfully executed or is a failure. This will help you to track your progress and at the same time take efficient decisions to counter the cases of failure.
- Job Perseverance – The quartz scheduler also provides a storage space for storing your significant jobs. This will save much of your time as in the later stages you can just add the job from the stored list.
- Transactions – it participate in JTA transactions, via the use of JobStoreCMT.
- Clustering – it has built-in clustering system that totally rely upon database persistence via JDBCJobStore.
Owing to such beneficial features, Quartz scheduler is sure to provide beneficial help to all its users and even help the giant enterprises with its effectual set of features.
Download : Quartz Enterprise Job Scheduler