6 useful Ajax and PHP based WebMail Client
It allow user to receive and send email messages using POP3 and SMTP protocols through both local and remote mail servers.
By providing application-like user interface and Sophisticated privacy protection user can easily view HTML-formatted email messages.
RoundCube free Web mail client
RoundCube Web mail client is an open source, browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface which is easy to install/configure and that runs on a standard LAMPP server. It provides full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking. RoundCube Webmail client written in PHP and use MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite or MS SQL database to store data.
Features of Roundcube webmail
- Multi language Supported
- Drag-&-drop message management
- Full support for MIME and HTML messages
- Sophisticated privacy protection
- Compose messages with attachments
- Multiple sender identities
- Richtext/HTML message composing
- Forwarding messages with attachments
- IMAP folder management
- Support for external SMTP server
SquirrelMail PHP Webmail Client
Horde IMP email client
Horde is a Open Source browser based communication suite based on PHP and Horde Framework. Users can read, send and organize email messages and manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde Project.
Features of Horde Webmail client
- IMAP and POP3 supported webmail client
- Message filtering and searching
- HTML message composition with WYSIWIG editor
- Built in attachment viewers
- Encrypting and signing of messages (S/MIME and PGP)
- Full character set support for folders names and email messages
- Folder tree in left menu pain
- Conversation view of all messages in a thread
- Give Message previews in mailbox view
- Fetching of messages from external email accounts
- Flexible, individual alias addresses
- IMAP folder subscriptions
- Support for mailing list headers
- Forwarding of multiple messages at once
Zimbra is a another one open source browser-based email and calendar groupware Client that allow you to test, rate, deploy, customize and improve the performance of message conversation view and visual search builder that makes multi-gigabyte in boxes easier to use. Zimbra syncs to smartphones (iPhone, BlackBerry) and desktop clients like Outlook and Thunderbird. It also features archiving and discovery for compliance. Zimbra can be deployed on-premises or as a hosted email solution.
Hastymail2 Webmail Client
Hastymail2 is a full featured lightweight IMAP/SMTP client written in PHP. Fully Compatible with PDAs, phones, text browsers, and all mainstream browsers. Hastymail2 is also support for Flexible and powerful plugin system that allow PHP developer to create their own plugins to enhance the performance of Hastymail2. It give you ability to use a database for storing user settings, contacts, and plugin data, with support for both Postgresql and Mysql .
Features of Hastymail2
- W3C valid UTF-8 XHTML pages that can be configured to delivered as type application/xhtml-xml for supported browsers.
- Multilevel theme system using CSS, PHP templates, and icon sets
- Flexible and powerful plugin system with documentation, examples, and many plugins like a calendar, auto complete, sound notifications, HTML mail composition, and more
- The ability to use a database for storing user settings, contacts, and plugin data, with support for both Postgresql and Mysql
- Tunable smart cache to balance IMAP activity and PHP session size to maximize performance for different configurations
- AJAX updating using a lightweight and simple system
- Multi language supported
- Advanced IMAP search capabilities
- IMAP SSL and STARTTLS* support
- Vcard based contact management including import/export ability
Mailr – Ruby On Rails webmail client
Mailr is an open source webmail application written in Ruby which uses Ruby On Rails web application framework. The application tested with Courier-IMAP but it should be possible to use it with any other IMAP server.
Features of Mailr
- Uses IMAP protocol
- Caches IMAP server connections
- HTML and plaintext message composition
- Address book (contacts) with possible import from CSV file
- Ajax based autocomplete of email addresses
- Mail filters based on Maildrop
- i18n based on Sascha Ebach’s manual