MonoDevelop is an open source, Multiplatform, free Gnome integrated development environment (IDE) for C# and other .NET languages that allow web developers to quickly write desktop and ASP.NET Web applications on Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
MonoDevelop makes it easy for developers to port .NET applications created with Visual Studio to Linux and to maintain a single code base for all platforms.The features include Advanced Text Editing, GTK# Visual Designer, Integrated Debugger,Configurable workbench, all built-in documentation you could wish for, code completion and more.
it also support for ASP.NET MVC projects, including file and project templates, and a T4 (Text Template Transformation Toolkit) based view and controller scaffolding system.
Features of MonoDevelop :
- Multiple Target Runtimes
- Per mime-type Policies
- Custom Execution Modes
- Global Assembly Folders
- Delete Project Dialog
- Dropping Files From Nautilus/Explorer to the Solution Tree
- Improved Project Reloading
- Initial support for .NET 4.0
- Support for Code Template
- Code Formatting
- On-the-fly formatting [Preview]
- Acronym Matching in Code Completion
- XML Documentation Shown in Code Completion
- Rename Refactoring with Preview
- Create/Remove Backing Store
- Support for the new Soft Debugger
- Initial support for ASP.NET debugging
- iPhone development add-on
- Syntax Highlighting in Search Results
- Multi-selection Support if Go to File Dialog