Serna Free XML editor is an easy-to-use open source multiplatform WYSIWYG XML editor specially designed for those who wish to smoothly adopt the XML technology Without the knowledge about XML technology.
Indeed, Serna Free is the most powerful among free and open source XML editors for WYSIWYG authoring. Anyone can start working with structured content in a familiar environment that looks much like a conventional word processor.
Serna Free Open Source XML editor is probably the best XML editor if you are searching for a free open source WYSIWYG XML authoring tool. Serna Free combines the unique WYSIWYG approach with intuitive behavior to help writers with virtually no XML experience to freely author XML documents.
Features of Serna Free – open source XML editor
- simple and user-friendly interface localized into several languages, which looks much like a conventional word processor.
- Flexible XML Document View and Profiling
- Exceptional support for the DITA XML format and comes with integrated DITA Open Toolkit.
- Built-in support for all popular XML document types, such as DITA, Docbook, XHTML, TEI P4, NITF, and others
- Easy to renders XML documents using XSLT/XSL-FO style sheets to show them close to the final output.
- On-the-fly XML validation with XML Schema allows assisted XML editing and guarantees the quality and consistency of your XML documents.
- Drag-and-drop editing allow you to quickly and easily change the order of any XML document portions in ContentMap, Editing Window, or between them, as well as between several opened XML documents. Instant XML validation always keeps your document consistent and suggests allowed positions to drop content.
- XML Document Template Support
Download: Serna Free XML editor