Vim is an open source multi-platform advanced text editor. it’s an improved version of the vi editor, with many additional features designed to be helpful in editing program source code distributed with most UNIX systems.
It’s known as a "programmer’s editor" that mainly targeting programmers, but It’s not just for programmers, though. Vim is perfect for all kinds of text editing, from composing email to editing configuration files.
Features of Vim editor
- supports for right-to-left editing
- syntax highlighting
- highly configurable
- windows split (both vertically as well as horizontally)
- tabbing and folding
- Unicode support
- flexible indenting
- Built-in scripting language for easy extension.
- multi-byte texts
- Text Formatting and Visual Mode
- Automatically recognizes the type of files (DOS, Mac, Unix) and also lets you save them in any other format – no need for unix2dos on Windows any more
- Macro Recording: Vim allows you to "record" your editing for replaying for repetitive tasks.
Download : Vim – text editor